Request for Proposal Time?
What Facility Management Vendors wish you knew about RFPs and Pricing
Published White Papers 2019-01-30T11:17:14+00:00If you’re in On 10/19/2018 to Facilities Management in the public or private sector, you’ve likely been involved in a facilities services RFP at some point in your career, either as a responder or an issuer.
Download the Entire Request for Proposal Time? White Paper
Flagship, like other facility management companies, responds to many Requests for Proposals every year. Over our 30 years, we’ve seen them all – the good, the bad and the ugly!
This report concludes that there is a better way than an RFP to find partners with real solutions to facility management problems – but If you’re considering issuing an RFP in 2019 this report helps answer these questions:
- Who should participate in the compilation of your RFP? Every department? Certain employees in specific departments?
- What are service frequencies and how do they drive facility maintenance service pricing? How can a deeper understanding of service frequencies and best practice result in lower prices from prospective facility management vendors?
- How can you make the walkthrough as valuable for you as for your prospective vendors?
- What’s the best way to handle the all-important Question and Answer period? Is there an ideal timeframe for providing responses?
- How do you identify the “lowest priced and most responsive” bid? What does “most responsive” look like in your RFP?
- Grading and scoring responses can be tedious – how can you align your scoring matrix to accurately represent your RFP’s requirements?